The Green Mountain Library Consortium (GMLC) advances library service by providing member libraries access to services, programs, and products through the collaborative power of pooled resources. GMLC pursues new digital frontiers and fosters community among Vermont libraries through shared experience and knowledge of our members.
The Green Mountain Library Consortium is dedicated to:
- working at a state level to bring services and cost savings to Vermont libraries
- cooperation between public, school, academic and special libraries
- collaboration with other groups serving the needs of Vermont libraries, including VTLIB and VLA
- emphasis on value, advocacy, and the importance of professional volunteerism
- educating Vermont libraries on the purpose and power of consortia
- exploring innovative projects and services, balancing innovation with the technological realities of Vermont
The Board of Directors of the GMLC are as follows:
- Wendy Hysko, President, Brownell Library (President and Board terms expire 2019)
- Kim Peine, Secretary, Acting Treasurer, Dorothy Alling Library (Secretary and Board terms expire 2019)
- Chris Kirby, Ilsley Library (term expires 2019)
- Cindy Weber, Stowe Free Library (term expires 2018)
- Richard Pritsky, Carpenter-Carse Library (term expires 2018)
GMLC Administrative Liason: Lisa von Kann
GMLC has federal 501(c)3 status.